Top tips for staying safe online
- Be careful what you share - Once something is online, it’s out of your control. If you don’t want your parents, teachers or employers to see it, don’t post it.
- Don't post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
- Don't meet people you don't know in person. Even if you get on with them online, you never know who they really are
- Use a complex password - It should be hard for other people to guess your password and it's a good idea to change it regularly.
- Check your privacy settings - Check who can see what you post and whether your accounts are public or private.
- Talk about it - If you see something online that makes you upset or uncomfortable, talk to an adult you trust.
For advice and information :