What is PEP?
- PEP may reduce your risk of HIV infection after you have been exposed to the virus
- PEP is a four week course of medication which is effective against HIV
- It needs to be started as soon as you have been exposed to the virus and always within 72 hours of exposure
- The course of treatment must be finished for it to have the best chance of working.
You can get PEP at the following places:
- Sexual Health Services NHS Grampian 0345 337 9900
(opening times Monday-Thursday 8.30 - 17.00, Friday 8.30 - 16.00)
- Out of hours please contact NHS24 on 111
- Your occupational health provider for work related incidents.
For more information about PEP visit: www.hiv.scot/pages/faqs/category/pep